Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am 28 years old. Today I haven't felt like eating at all

I am 28 years old. Today I haven't felt like eating at all and I have sharp pain in the right side of my abdomen it is like a stabbing pain should I be worried
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--where exactly is the pain on the right? Have you ever had it before? Any fever or diarrhea?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is in my lower abdomen. Never had it before. I have had a little diarrhoea and I have been feeling cold.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Sorry but I should have asked--are you male or female? And were you feeling fine yesterday?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am female and yesterday I was feeling tired and achy
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Of course with right lower quadrant pain the first thought is appendicitis. Since you're female, an ovarian cyst or possibly an ectopic pregnancy--if that's possible for you--are other considerations. With the diarrhea this could just be an intestinal virus that would pass in about three to five days. Since I can't examine you, I have to suggest that you see a doctor about this as soon as possible--much better than waiting to see if it gets better in another day
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean by an ectopic pregnancy please
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, if there's any chance you might be pregnant and ectopic pregnancy is when the fertilize egg gets stuck in a Fallopian tube. That not only can cause this kind of pain but if it ruptures it can cause an emergency hemorrhaging situation. That's part of why I said you really should see a doctor just as soon as possible.