Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hello Dr I had my 72 hour ecg put on yesterday, I have reapplied

Hello Dr I had my 72 hour ecg put on yesterday, I have reapplied the the electrodes today after showering, the instructions say "the electrodes should not be placed directly onto the spot as the previous ones, but several inches either side of it. Failure to change the electrodes or continually placing them in the same positions can lead to an irritation of the skin surface" There are 3 electrodes, 2 halfway down on each side of my chest and one higher up my chest just to the right of my sternum
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Did you have a question about that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry it would let me type anymore text in the box.. Question was, does it not matter if they are positioned a few inches away from previous positions?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, so long as all three are placed in about the same areas of your chest. The exact placement might make a little difference in the amplitude shown on the QRS part of the ECG but the idea for the test is to look at the pattern of the beats themselves--looking for any tachycardias or skipped beats--but the QRS configuration isn't important here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks dr
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Any time my friend