Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

Hi Dr chip Hope you remember me mark the anxious one ! You

Customer Question

Hi Dr chip
Hope you remember me mark the anxious one !
You reassured me re the wbc
As I'm health phobic I suffer anxiety patterns
Tension headache
Ibs c
The last few days I've had the same old symptoms. Windy light pains around sternum
Fkatulence
Constipation
Nervy feeling
It's not there at night only when I rise and its easing right off again today.
It will then go away for months.
Is there any tips you have for not panicking when I get a small pain or ibs etc ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mark. Yes I remember you. Just tell me a little about the sternal pains and the heavy feeling. And how was your IBS diagnosed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Blood testing and its been there for many years my go always examines the abdomen as well all good and soft he said
Bloods esr 1
Ck and ldh low normal
C restive protein 0.3
Red cell count 5.2 iron 24.8
You know the wbc. 3.9. We have done that one lol
I feel fit slim blood pressure today. 100 over 61 pulse 50.
The sternum pain is wind it's feels like wind it moves all over the upper abdomen and osophegus.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Mark. So let me ask you--to you have specific fears about your health or is this more sort of a free floating anxiety than anything and everything might mean something's terrible wrong?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I always panic about any pain being the worse !
It's a nightmare I run suss evil business no prob no stress but any pain I'm off to doc he says the constant blood work I insist on should reassure me and the scans I've had ct brain scan perfect normal liver scan and upper abdomen nirmal bladder scan normal us system scan and testicals normal p s a test 0.25
But I still panic. !!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What pain Mark?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I mean susseful business typo
Any pain.
Yesterday windy pains
Or sometimes tension headache but any pain lol
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Mark--have you considered getting therapy like cognitive behavioral therapy for this health anxiety?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it failed I trued hynotherapy that worked a bit it's you guys reassurance that solves it for a period of time
Is there a formular that can reassure me ? Or just testing that is clear ? Oh my stool tests were nirmal asa well
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
A formula Mark?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To recognise it's anxiety not serious ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Can you give me a specific example of something that happens and what goes through your mind when it does?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ibs c.
Wind pains constipation etc I think oh god cancer !!
But I feel fine and strong and as you know the blood results are good etc ? Last week so ??????
What can I do to relax help !! Sorry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Ok. So basically you're saying at these times that despite all the tests and your doctor's reassurances you think you have to have some type of intestinal cancer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes basically I go to the worse I'm guessing the fact that the symptoms come and go over 25 years is the reassurance that it's anxiety based coupled with the blood work ect
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Mark--I was off. let me know when you're back on
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You still there Mark?