Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have anatrial myxoma 5.2cm x 3.9cm,and have been referred

I have anatrial myxoma 5.2cm x 3.9cm,and have been referred for a breast reduction before I have keyhole surgery on my heart .
how soon do you think it will be before the breast reduction, and is it safe for me to wait for the heart surgery.
I have been home 2 weeks after they found it after many tests while in hospital..and im rather scared waiting and worrying
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. How was the myxoma diagnosed and what prompted the heart study?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was taken into hos short of breath and pressure between my breats, I had many tests done

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. We can certainly continue after this if you'd like but since the breast reduction is purely elective and not urgent surgery, it should be postponed until after you have the heart surgery and I think that heart surgery should be done just as soon as possible. I really see no reason whatsoever to delay the heart surgery until after the breast surgery
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry this doesn't help me at all, it was the surgeon who wants the breast reduction done b4 the heart , he says it would be better because my breasts are far to large for key hols surgery

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Lesley--I didn't realize that that was the problem. Can I ask then what your cardiologist has said about the myxoma--does he not think urgent surgery is necessary?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but he wants to go through the chest wall, and I would rather he didn't, I really just need to know how safe I am, I do nothing but sit all day because im so scared

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--have you been told to stay sedentary like that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I haven't im just so scared to move and I find I get short of breath and pressure between my breast if I try to do much anyway .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, let me ask you this--did the study show any valve problems in your heart? And other than the mxyoma was your heart functioning well on the tests?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

every thing was in great shape apart from having the tumour, even my docs were surprised, I don't know what they expected to see or find but im in great shape apart from the thing that shouldn't be there .

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK That helps a lot because then I think the heart surgery isn't as urgent as I first thought and you shouldn't be so worried. Hopefully the breast reduction can be scheduled and done in about two weeks, and you can then have the heart surgery about three months after that. But you really shouldn't be paralyzed with fear and just sitting at home. You can do all your normal daily activities without any worries.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so im not going to drop dead with a heart attack and it is not going to break off, sorry I think I was so much under the drugs at the hospital I cannot rem much of what they said I can or not do.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, Lesley--no danger of either a heart attack or an embolism. Your doctor appears to have things well in hand and you can just follow his instructions
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A big thank you, ***** ***** so much better now things have been explained to me. many many thanks , and merry Christmas :)

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Merry Christmas to you Lesley and enjoy yours. Let me know how things go and please remember to rate my service to you