Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have irregular bleeding every so often. It has happened after

I have irregular bleeding every so often. It has happened after exercise especially after workouts on the abs. I have had a smear done and nothing detected there. I was just wondering what could cause that?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. How old are you? Have you had your estrogen, progesterone and testosterone levels checked and have you had thyroid function testing? Have you ever had a pelvic ultrasound?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am 34, i have not had the above testing. Pelvic ultraound? what is that? Any ideas to what might cause it

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That's the same study as is done to look at the gall bladder and liver using sonic waves. The possibilities here are a direct result of your workouts--frequently athletic women can have spotting or even missed periods--but it could be a problem with a low thyroid condition, polycystic ovarian disorder, or uterine fibroids. The ultrasound would look for the last to possibilities