Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I took a couple of cocodamol tablets a couple of hours ago..

Customer Question

I took a couple of cocodamol tablets a couple of hours ago.. When I swallowed the first one it made my chest and back hurt for a few seconds like as though I had taken in air at the same time as swallowing.. The second tablet went down fine.. Is it possible that the first one went into my lungs?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Right now are you feeling fine with no coughing or wheezing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No coughing or wheezing.. Didn't get any of this even when it happened.. It's been 3 hours
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Then nothing to worry about Shazad. If the tablet had gotten into your lungs you'd have been coughing and wheezing from the very beginning.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's what I have been trying to tell myself but then my anxiety takes over.. Been thinking that maybe i aspirated it and now it's sat there and will cause me breathing problems any minute now.. The feeling I got when I swallowed is that air? It's as if I couldn't breathe and my back a chest were in pain For about 5 secs then it subsided
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You probably just swallowed some air and it pushed on your esophagus for a few seconds, but really don't worry about a tablet in your lung
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok .. Anyway how are you? Not messaged you for a few days
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Doing well--getting ready for the holidays. Saw a great movie yesterday--The Theory of Everything--the story of the physicist Stephen Hawking. Eddie Redmayne did an amazing job portraying him
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh ok.. Yeah I can't wait for a couple of weeks off too.. I read something about Stephen hawking the other day and him saying how quick artificial intelligence is moving and the possibility of AI taking over humankind lol.. He was asked whether he would change his robotic voice to a more normal sounding voice now that it's possible and he said no lol
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
He turned down the offer of knighthood from the Queen, too. Little humor here my friend--I'd recommend the movie to you but knowing you as well as I do, I'd worry that after seeing it, if you ever accidentally tripped on a crack in the sidewalk you might suddenly think you had ALS
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow he turned down a knighthood..?? Now that u have mentioned the movie I'm going to look into it haha
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Remarkable guy. Also want to see The Imitation Game--Benedict Cumberbatch playing Alan Turing--the mathematical genius that broke the Nazi enigma code in WWII, helped, win the war, and then was arrested in the UK for being gay, was chemically castrated as an alternative to prison time, and later died of cyanide poisioning--most likely not an accidental death
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Woah now that sounds painful.. Poor chap.. Benedict is a good actor.. He was brilliant in Sherlock Holmes
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Loved that!!! Are you a Sherlock enthusiast like me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lol I love the crime mystery kind of thing
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, I grew up reading all of Conan Doyle's Holmes stories and, sorry, the Robert Downey Jr. movies were fun but that just wasn't Holmes. Jeremy Brett's portrayal of Holmes in the 80's BBC/Granada series was the best I've seen, even topping Cumberbatch's marvelous performance. Anyway, have to close now but one other movie you should see if you can stream online is The Seven Percent Solution--Nicole Williamson as Holmes, Robert Duvall as Watson, Laurence Olivier as Professor Moriarty, and Alan Arkin as Sigmund Freud. That should be enough to tweak your interest
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.. Will check that out
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Talk to you later my friend