Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My GP was monitoring me for high blood pressure then discovered

My GP was monitoring me for high blood pressure then discovered I had a loud heart murmer sent me for echo cardio gram on 6 Nov 2014. I have been trying to get my results surgery says they have not got them and the hospital say they have sent them to surgery ! All the surgery say is try ay end of week. Problem is They do not answer the phone so I have to get in car and go the 1 mile journey. I'm not sure how to find out if I have a problem or not !!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Just to be clear here--the hospital says they sent the results to your GP but his office says they haven't gotten them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Diana--just one other question. Was this a newly discovered murmur that had never been heard before? And did your GP's office at least call the hospital to let them know the report hadn't been received?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes new murmur and apparently surgery rang hospital a few days ago after my going there and having been chasing for these results for a couple of weeks according to them the hospital gave the name of the cardeo Doctor and said they had got behind but last week assured me that they had sent them to my surgery !
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And have you seen the cardiologist as of yet? And by the way--how are your feeling? Any chest pain, palpitations, shortness of breath, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not seen anyone yet and yes get out of breath due to asthma. I just want to know how to get the results do I put pressure on surgery or hospital. I just feel I'm being "fobbed" off. Hopefully there's not a problem but don't know until results are found.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand Diana and it would seem that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing right now. You could go to the hospital itself after calling them and pick up the report there, but really your GP should have laid down the hammer well before now and called both the hospital and the cardiologist to get the report. Believe it or not, the louder the murmur doesn't mean it implies a more serious problem than a softer murmur. This could be something like mitral valve prolapse which isn't a very significant problem in general but you have the right to know the results and they should have been available long before now
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thanks for advice, think I will be down the surgery tomorrow trying to sort out what's going on ! !
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure but be sure to let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you Diana