Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have 3 healthy children and had no problems with pregnancies

Customer Question

I have 3 healthy children and had no problems with pregnancies except one early miscarriage i turned 40 in april and would like to try for one more are the risks of a problem with the baby very high should i reconsider
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like but in my opinion I see no major risks for your getting pregnant again. The is a higher chance of gestational diabetes, high blood preesure in the third trimester, a somewhat premature delivery, and a small risk of a chromosome abnormality like Down's syndrome in the fetus, but as long as you are closely monitored before you become pregnant and during your pregnancy, were I your doctor I would say go right ahead and give pregnancy a try