Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Hi this afternoon during and just after sex my husband experienced

Customer Question

Hi this afternoon during and just after sex my husband experienced what we think is his first migraine He was very sick ,disorientated, very very bad headache and couldn't stand the light It lasted about half an hour He took two paracetamols and eventually calmed down
This was fine until about two hours later it happened again!
Unfortunately we are in Tenerife and are due to fly back tomorrow
I have fetched some imigran neo 50 gram tablets and he has taken one and he is resting in the dark Can you please advise me that it is a migraine, can they happen twice in a day and do we need a doctor.
Thankyou
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Dr Basu :

Hi there, This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Dr Basu :

I understand your concern.

Dr Basu :

The reassuring point, his headache subsided which makes any serious condition less likely.

Dr Basu :

Yes migraine can come back twice in a day sometimes.

Dr Basu :

Given your description this does sound like migraine which can happen with sexual activity.

Dr Basu :

This is also known as postcointal headache givn its relationship with sexual activity.

Dr Basu :

Imigran is the best option to effectively control his symptoms.

Dr Basu :

The dose is one tablet right at the onset of heaache, and then may repeat after 2 hours if headache still persists.

Dr Basu :

Not more than 2 tablets in a day.

Dr Basu :

He should see his doctor on return back to home.

Dr Basu :

But for now, this does not sound serious.

Dr Basu :

Best wishes,

Dr Basu :

It was my pleasure to help you today.
I am Dr Basu experienced in Neurological Diseases.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I needed to step in here because I disagree with having your husband wait to see a doctor after the flight. While this may just have been a migraine, on line we can't possibly assure you that that is all it is. Since it happened twice it could be a leaking aneurysm and my advice is that he see a doctor now for an exam and an emergent MRI of his brain. Waiting for any time with a situation like this could possibly be deadly
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I disagree completely with the above opinion.
Your husband does not have any other symptoms like speech problem, facial weakness like that.
And his headaache improved --which will not be the case with aneurysm or stroke or any thing else.
THis is purely a migraine headache associated with sexual activity.
Do not worry.
he is safe.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
This is the link to my profile: