Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have had a lump just on the inside of my lip for 3 months

I have had a lump just on the inside of my lip for 3 months now, there was a blister/ulcer on it that would come and go but the lump still remains. The lump is quite big but has not increased in size in the last few months. Could it be a sign of something cancerous?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. It would help greatly if you could post a photo on this page
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It hasn't been painfull either just aggravating because the swelling is so large. There is no ulcer/blister on it now.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Niamh. This is a mucocele. Completely benign and it is a blocked small salivary gland in the inside of your lip. Many of these resolve on their own in time, but considering the size of yours that isn't very likely. It can easily and completely be excised by an oral surgeon, either with a laser or with a scalpel so I suggest you have either your doctor or your dentist take a look at it and give you a referral