Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My son is 7 and for at least the past year I have noticed things

Customer Question

My son is 7 and for at least the past year I have noticed things he does get more and more. He can't keep still not just like other kids or my other son. He has to be fidgeting it's like ha can't help it or doesn't realise he picks his skin on fingers and toes all the time he can't wear certain clothes they feel funny. He sometimes comes out with random questions in the wrong setting he runs jumps and climbs touching everything instead of walking along. He blinks rapidly makes repetitive noises. Clears his throat all the time does repetitive hand movements. Always needs a poo in the middle of a meal and can go 3 times a day. Daydreams, can't listen even if he try's like he can't pay attention long enough to hear a instruction. Has started sleep walking urinating in places around the house.
His health is good apart from in the past constant ear infections. Does a simple task like locks a toilet door at school but the forgets how to unlock it.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Has he been seen for this as yet?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I did mention it to his doctor about a year ago but he just brushed it off.
His current teacher at school has noticed his constant fidgeting but said it wasn't too much of a problem tho I haven't had chance to speak with her in more depth
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
With the symptoms that you are describing I think that Tourette's syndrome should be ruled out in his case.
A referral to a pediatric neurologist and a psychiatrist will help in determining the diagnosis and helping with its management.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Rate me for my services when you are done asking.