Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hi, It has been 2 days and I have been experiencing reducation

It has been 2 days and I have been experiencing reducation of sensation in my penis and reduction in size. I have no idea what is happening. I have been having symptoms of back pain for a while now, perhaps that is related.. I have been known to have vitamin D defeciency which was about last year. I am 23 year old.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Do you have problem with getting erection?
May I know your age?
Do you feel such problem at time of sex?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, slight problem in getting erection, few days ago it seemed fine. My age is 23.

Not suffering from medical condition or medication and I have some stress but nothing major.

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
Well, there may be few causative together, which may need investigations. Following are the possibilities which may occur with such symptoms-
1. Low testosterone.
2. Anxiety and depression.
3. Neuropathy, It can occur due to vitamin deficiency or lower spinal cord (lower back) issues.
4. Prostate infection( at your age this possibility is least).
As such, you may need psycho sexual therapy which helps to reduce performance anxiety, develop the new sexual skills and knowledge, modify negative sexual attitude.
Certain feelings can interfere with normal sexual function, including feeling nervous about or self-conscious about sex, feeling stressed either at home or at work.
Stress and anxiety is the most common cause. You may need counselling sessions by a Psychologist accordingly.
If required, your doctor may advise Testosterone levels checkup and Penile nerve test.
Most likely it is psychological, and you should discuss this issue with Psychologist.
You should have regular exercise, Deep breathing exercises would be helpful, Keep yourself busy in hobbies.
One should avoid caffeine, alcohol. Take healthy and well balanced diet. You should avoid smoking, and if you are overweight, then try to loose your weight.
Keep yourself busy in your hobbies.
You should maintain a good friend circle, and have a social healthy chat with them. Practice yoga and meditation for relaxation.
Also you get appointment from a Psychologist.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you think it could be something like Cauda Equina Syndrome?

I do have some lower back pain that has been bothering me for a while.

Dear Customer,
As such, Cauda equina syndrome, is a rare disorder that usually is a surgical emergency.
One may get severe back pain, numbness, or weakness in one or both legs, Loss of or altered sensations in your legs, buttocks, inner thighs.
Please don't have worry, At such young age, such rare possibility should not be considered. Don't get panic, just follow measures, as suggested in previous post.
Good luck and take care.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks,

Lastly, does it not seem wierd for reduction of sensation and penis size so suddenly in the last 2 days? I mean, the size is now almost half than what it used to be.... Or this could happen.

Dear Customer,
Yes, this could happen at time of anxiety issue. Most likely it is psychological.
This can also occur with Neuropathy, It can occur due to vitamin deficiency.
Your doctor may recommend a Penile nerve test for diagnosis.
Please get it clinically evaluated from your General Physician.