Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi Dr Basu, I bet your getting fed up with me but its just

Customer Question

Hi Dr Basu,
I bet your getting fed up with me but its just this chlamydia makes an infected partner more infectious. The only bodily fluid we exchanged was during a momentary 1 second oral encounter. Is it possible to transmit in this manner?
Also I took azithromycin last night and now have a headache, weakness and slightly raised temp. Glands are fine as is the rash?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Dr Basu isn't on right now so can I help you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes standby please I will give u a brief overview

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK James
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

went to Uganda of all places had relations with a lady not sure if she was a worker.

- no penetration that I recall with condom or otherwise

- no oral albeit a momentary contact from her to me

- mainly just mutual masturbation.

Its been 14 days now and I developed a very slight tenderness in my testes which was intermittent. So, I went and took azithromycin, but now 24 hrs later I feel a little dizzy and nausea and a very slight headache.

What I would like to know is, assuming she was a carrier of hiv and chlamydia what are the chances of contracting HIV or Chlamydia.

FYI, no rash on the genitals, no discharge and no pain urinating

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK James. With what you've told me I'd have to say zero chance of either HIV or chlamydia. Even so, the azithromycin would have covered chlamydia anyway. The dizziness and nausea and headache could all be from the antibiotic but they would not be related either to chlamydia or HIV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

many thanks. ;-)

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure James--any time but please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry just one more thing. I have a slightly raised temperature and a tickly cough?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just the flu or a viral pharyngitis or bronchitis but not HIV or chlamydia
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Again,

I have the first HIV test back as negative, but the clinic advised that I will need a follow up test in 3 months. I thought that these new tests were now sensitive following a week or two after exposure?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
They are sensitive if they come back positive, but some people don't seroconvert and make antibodies to the virus for up to three months after exposure so the gold standard for being negative is an ELISA/western blot test at the three month point
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so if one was to develop the early symptoms what should I look out for specifically?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
There can be a flu-like syndrome with a low-grade fever, sore throat and sometimes swollen nodes but it's so nonspecific that you can't say for sure it's an early sign of HIV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Anytime