Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have nose bleeds which seem to form a kind of clot in my

Customer Question

I have nose bleeds which seem to form a kind of clot in my nose which prevents me from breathing easily. So when I blow my nose hard to clear the mucus & blood clots it starts to bleed again. Also since last few years and of recent (last few weeks) my heart beat has jumped from around 80 to now between 107 & 118 beats per minute and I get tired so easily. In addition to that of late I noticed a light lump on the right side of my neck and below my jaw. It is slightly sore but bearable. I am also suffering from flu last 10 days.
I have made an appointment with my GP on Wednesday but would value your opinion.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Have you been evaluated for possible anemia? Right now any sore throat or earache?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not really. I had slight sore throat a few days ago which disappeared after I had gargled with salt water.

I do get out of breath very easily now.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Atul--when was the last time you saw your doctor for a full physical exam and blood work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Full blood work I believe was about 2 years ago and not been to a GP since last 10 years.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK There seems to be two different parts to you question Atul. First off, the tender lump in your neck is likely a lymph node and it's indicating an infection of some type--either a pharyngitis or a middle ear infection. That said, the tiredness and the heart rate problem could be from anemia, possibly from your nosebleeds but you may also have a low thyroid problem. So when you see your GP on Wednesday you need to tell him about all of this so that he can examine you, get some blood work, and perhaps you'll need antibiotics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A relief to hear that. I had seen the very light lump on the neck thinking it was some fat but since yesterday it starting feeling slight irritation. When I looked up on the net it did scare me as being cancer.

Are there medication to solve this and is there anything that I should do. I must confess of late I have been working almost 18 hours a day.

Is there anything I can take till I see my GP.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Not cancer Atul and it could also just be a benign cyst. For now I suggest plenty of liquids, some zinc lozenges, and either paracetamol or ibuprofen until you can see your GP. Please let me know how that goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Chip,

If you were here I could hug you. I will keep you informed. Thank you. If there is anything further you think that I ought to do please let me know. My email is *****@******.***.

I have rated you excellent already but shall do that gain.

fingers crossed that it goes away after my visit. I gather it is treatable?

Atul

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It's all treatable Atul and if you need me again use the link below since we can't do emails on this site. Take care
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-doctorchip
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you again.

I will let you know the outcome.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Take care and rest easy