Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hello Dr, I've been having look at my full blood count results,

Customer Question

Hello Dr, I've been having look at my full blood count results, my neutrophil count is 2.70 (normal range 1.70 to 8.00).. All previous occasions it's been over 3.. Is this anything to worry about.. I read online that a low count could mean leaukemia.. Is this true?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me about the rest of your CBC values?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Haemoglobin 143 (135-170)
White blood count 5.2 (3.5 - 11)
Platelets 213 (140 - 400)
Haematocrit (PCV) 0.419 (0.40 - 0.51)
Red blood count 5.07 (4.25 - 6.00)
Mean cell volume 82.6 (80.0 - 99.0)
Mean cell haemoglobin 28.2 (27.5 - 32.5)
Mean cell haemoglobin conc. 341 (310 - 350)
Neutrophils 2.70 (1.70 - 8.00)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK guy. Please stop with the Dr Google ask your question research thing. Your neutrophil count is fine and indications of leukemia are found primarily with the white blood cell count--either being abnormally low or very, very high. You don't have leukemia
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lol too much spare time on my hands.. Here's some previous ones
October 2007
5.13 (2.0 - 7.5)
March 2008
4.08 (1.8 - 10.0)
October 2013
3.08 (1.8 - 10)
March 2014
3.12 (2.00 - 8.00)
June 2014
3.44 (2.00 - 7.50)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Shazad the neutophil count/ration can vary all over the place within the normal range and just by itself it means absolutely nothing at all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks dr.. Better get some sleep now.. Goodnight
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi doc they have cancelled my subscription because they saying that mental health questions are not covered by unlimited subscription
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
But your questions to me at least aren't mental health?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Exactly! .. Anyway can I be cheeky and ask you a question here until I get my account sorted? I might have to create a new one under a different name
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No problem my friend--go right ahead
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks I appreciate it.. Anyway had my cardiac MRI on Tuesday.. Need to wait for the report to go to my cardiologist.. Anyway I sent a text asking my cardiologist to chase it, he said it'll take a couple if days.. But he mentioned that my 72 hour ecg was excellent :-)
Anyway im sat at work today and have a sore chest, more the sternum area.. I push it and it hurts more so I know it's not cardiac but then the more I worry the more my mind tells me it's cardiac.. Does that make sense? Anyway nit wanting to sound like a broken record but (you probably thinking here we go again) the thickening I had on my heart wouldn't be causing this ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No way whatsoever. Absolutely nothing that has to do with the heart ever causes chest wall tenderness. It's simply impossible for that to have anything to do with your septum or with any part of your heart
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok.. Fingers crossed my mri will be normal.. Anyway if I carry on rating the question on here does that mean you will keep getting credited?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
usually that works
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's good then.. Anyway you all set for christmas then? I DEFINATELY need a break
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Funny thing--usually when I ask patients or whomever that question, the answer I get has something to do with shopping and I have to remind them that that really has nothing to do with the spirit of the holidays. But yes, I'm set
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lol over here the best time for shopping after Christmas is in the January sales.. No point wasting money on shopping during Christmas :-)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Very true. Let me know about the MRI results
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will do.. Anyway now that I've stopped prodding and poking my chest it's hurting as much lol
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
A man walked into a doctor's office and said, "Doc, it hurts when I do this."
The doctor simply said, "Well, then don't do that."
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Haha.. Chat to u later
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Take care
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dr quick update .. Wanted to share the good news.. My mri came back perfectly normal.. The septum is 1.1cm .. Anyway just got a call from my cardiologist to tell me it's all ok.. Will get a copy of the report from him on Monday and I'll show u it here.. I can now relax and get myself back to my training again.. I have lost nearly 5 kg by not going for the last 2 months.. Anyway have a nice weekend
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well, I hate to say I told you so..........
Yes you CAN relax, I just hope you DO relax
Enjoy yourself this weekend my friend
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah I know you did.. Thanks for all your help.. You helped me so much when I was in heightened panics
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Entirely my pleasure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again.. According to my subscription status it says it will be reactivated in one day so i might not have to setup a new account.. Anyway I hope u are getting credited each time I rate your answers.. I feel bad asking you different questions here but hopefully will be back to normal in one more day.. Anyway I've had A pain all day in the lower part of my left ribcage , I know it's muscular because when I breathe in it hurts, now rationally thinking about it I know it's hurting when I breathe because the rib cage is expanding when I breathe in, then PE keeps popping up in my mind, I keep pushing the thoughts away by practicing some mindfulness techniques but the thought of PE keeps coming back.. There is no way that I want to be rushing to A&E because of this.. Am I correct in thinking that it's just muscular?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delqay--just muscle I assure you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hey. So all worries swept away?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes but the weird thing is, the cardiac mri cardiologist sent my cardiologist 2 letters, on one it says the septum is 11mm and on the other it says 12mm. typo error you reckon?

attaching the 2nd one

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Probably just a typo. Bot***** *****ne your heart's fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cool .. So happy.. At least I can go back to the gym.. So I probably never had any thickness... Anyway can you confirm that you are getting credited each time I rate your answer on this long one? I've rated a few times.. I hope you are getting paid for it otherwise I feel bad for stretching it along
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
all your ratings go through my friend but don't fret about that--always glad to help. I think I told you when all this started that I didn't agree with--I think it was the technician?--saying that there was a problem with the echo in the first place. Anywho--hope you have a great holiday and keep in touch if you ever need me again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I remember you saying that.. Also he's mentioned on the letter mild degree of asymmetric hypertrophy.. But the MRI over rules that doesn't it? Regardless of what the Echo reported, it's the MRI that shows the real deal?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The MRI is the real deal as far as giving much more precise measurements
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks doc.. When will you be away from here for Christmas? When will you return here?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'll still be here off and on tomorrow but back to my regular schedule here on the 26th
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok have a lovely Christmas!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You too my friend and take care of that would-be Spiderman
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Check this out, ive been doing my own measurements on the heart muscle

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You are way too obsessive/compulsive my friend. So, doctor, cardiologist, whatever--what's your diagnosis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I think it's correct to say that septum is 11mm according to my measurements .. Lol
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Agreed. So the 12 mm must have been a typo. So really there's no more need for you to see a cardiologist. Let me know when you hang up your MD shingle but beware of malpractice suits
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Haha so funny... Anyway there's something that I've not been able to find any info on.. When chambers on the side of the septum pump, does the septum stretch and contract? Are the septum measurements taken when the septum muscle is relaxed or stretched?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Actually the septum contracts during systole and becomes a little thicker but the measurements are taken during diastole when the heart muscle is relaxed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah I thought so, I noticed the thickness increase when I played the images as a video.. Anyway are u on Facebook doc?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No--I try to stay away from things like Facebook. Look what North Korea did to Sony Pictures. Anyway here's an article to add to what I hope will be a growing number of educational missives in your medical library
http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/64/5/992.full.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Haha can't believe Sony fell for their threats! And thanks that'll make some interesting reading for me..
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
But keep in mind the old sayings--
A doctor who treats/diagnoses himself has a fool for a patient
And a lawyer that defends himself has a fool for a client
Final one from Rodney Dangerfield--stop me if you've heard it before--
"I saw my doctor the other day and after some tests he said I had at best six months to live."
I said, "I want a second opinion."
He replied, "OK. You're ugly."
Merry Christmas
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lol thanks .. Goodnight.. Merry Christmas
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Later my friend
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How was christmas?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Very nice--yours?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's good.. Well I fong celebrate Christmas but it was still nice to have a family get together
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Anything we need to talk about?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not really .. I'm fine actually.. There is something which is probably nothing.. I don't think I've ever been allergic to peanuts or even any other nuts for that matter, but last night i had a dessert that the pacjagingbsaid on it that it may contain peanuts.. Anyway since last night I've had a random itchiness all over my body which comes and goes.. Maybe it's nothjng but because I read the packaging and Im linking It to that .. If it were an allergic reaction then how long does it take to leave my system?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well--simple question--I assume you've eaten peanuts before and no problem? And no rash with that itching?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No never.. I'm notes big fan of peanuts but I still have them now and again.. During my gym training I quite often had peanut butter sandwiches for the protein content.. The itchiness is like a feeling that something is crawling on the skin.. Its weird
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well it's unlikely that you suddenly became allergic to peanuts. Most likely the itching was just a minor reaction to something else in the dessert but I wouldn't worry about it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok.. But if it was then could it progress and get worse so hang hours later? I'm talking about it affecting my breathing etc? How long for it to leave my system? I took a bendryl antihistamine last night just incase
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Usually something like this only takes at most 24 hours to resolve and if someone were highly allergic to something, say, like peanuts, the reaction would be within an hour and if there was going to be anything serious like wheezing or difficulty swallowing that would also happen within an hour. So right now you don't need to worry and it should be over with by tomorrow
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cheers ***** ***** Have a nice day
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You too my friend
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
main thing here is that I'm not at risk of going into anaphylactic shock? I've been clearing out a room for the 2 days.. Could it cd done creepy crawlies from the dust?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No, no risk at all my friend and without a rash it isn't from the dust. One other thing--the last few times your ratings didn't go through as payments to me so please work on being able to open a new page next time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I'm going to have to setup another account probably on a different name .. I was just worried that my symptoms might get worse and affect my breathing suddenly .. So DEFINATELY stay away from A&E?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
If you were going to have gone into anaphylactic shock it would have occurred long before now so no need for A&E
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so symptoms can't come on or get worse 12 hours later? anyway when I setup a new account then I ask a question then I'll let u know on this message that it's me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is what I ate DANGEROUS URL REMOVED/groceries/Product/Details/?id=267753045&mforwarded=true&sc_cmp=tp4_aff_1018132
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That's a plan then. No--anaphylactic shock occurs in a matter of an hour or so after the allergic symptoms start--not hours later. And sorry but that link doesn't work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok probably only accessible from uk.. Anyway it's all reassuring what you are telling me and more i think about it the more symptoms I'm creating.. Like now I'm feeling as though I have a tingly tongue.. Is that my mind playing tricks with me?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That's purely anxiety so let it go
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I ask a new question from the new account.. How would I alocate it u?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Use this link
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-doctorchip
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It would have been rude to not pay.. Anyway new account didn't work as planned.. I think they pick up who I am with my payment details
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I wouldn't have thought it rude my friend. But seriously--talk to customer service about reestablishing a subscription plan
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello dr where did you disappear to?