Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

i have had high fever hot and cold sweats & headaches joint

i have had high fever hot and cold sweats & headaches joint stiffness i seem to be getting over it now but last night i had green vommiting and the runs could you please tell me if green sick is ok thank you regards ***** ***** fisher
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

Whether any vomiting can be considered OK would depend upon what is meant by the term. However, the fact that the vomit is green in appearance does not carry any greater significance or concern than any vomiting.

In this situation, the most common cause of these symptoms would be a viral infection, and the fact that the vomit is green does not alter that likelihood.

The potential concern with vomiting would be if there were vomiting that is more severe or if there is any blood in the vomit, which can be either red or black in color, as blood exposed to the acid in the stomach will turn black in color. Within the context f more severe vomiting would include if the stomach is so sensitive that it prevents any intake of fluid, which can lead to dehydration if it persists for a significant period of time.

However, the fact that the vomit is green is not a separate concern.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.