Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

hi please i had my period last on the 20th of october and till

hi please i had my period last on the 20th of october and till now there is no period.i have been having sharp abdominal pain nd abdominal cramps.i had a swab,blood test and urine test and they are all normal pls i need help urgently cos av been ttc for a year now.the pregnancy test is negative nd the gp booked me for a scan later in february 2015 nd dats far
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Were your periods regular up until now? Where are your cramps and pain located exactly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

since this year its been irregular.no period in january,saw the next feb 7 then march 18th after iwas placed on provera nd then clomid,then i the nxt was 18th of april,then may 21,june 19,july 31st,september 6th,then the last was 20th oct.The pain is on my lower abdomen sometimes left,sometimes right,sometimes its sharp,sometimes its like menstrual cramps.pls i need ur help cos we want tohave children as soon as we can possibly twins

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Chinwe--stick with me for a while. So are you saying that you haven't had a scan before the one that's been booked? And has your doctor ever commented on any of this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no i have not had any scan.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And your doctor hasn't commented on the pains or the irregular periods?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no he jes booked for a scan nd dats very far nd its getting me more depressed.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Chinwe. We can continue after this if you'd like, but all I can do here is give you my thoughts. You may have something called polycystic ovarian disease or something like endometriosis which is uterine tissue that's outside the uterus and either in the pelvis or on the tubes on on the intestines. The scan will look for the ovarian cysts but for the endometriosis that may take a ct scan instead of an ultrasound. Neither condition would mean you couldn't get pregnant but either one would need treatment first. Your doctor really should have discussed all this with you before now so ask him about these two disorders