Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi, I was wondering if you could help. I am 3/4 months late

Hi, I was wondering if you could help. I am 3/4 months late for my period but I've done countless pregnancy tests and they've all come back negative. I haven't had the contraceptive injection since July. Yet still no period. Do you have any idea what this could be?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Any other problems like fatigue, abdominal pain, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah I've got back pain and pain in my lower stomach and my ribs seem to be hurting too
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Jordan and we can continue after this if you'd like. Even though the first period after stopping the injection may not occur for a few months there could be other problems here. Low thyroid functioning, anemia, and something called polycystic ovarian syndrome can also be the problem, as can stress and exercise. At this point you should see your doctor for some blood work and an abdominal ultrasound. All that said, it may just be that this is still from stopping the injections and it may take a while longer for you to get your period