Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have a very heavy cough and cold and I am bringing up a lot

I have a very heavy cough and cold and I am bringing up a lot of phlegm.this is turning from being creamy colour through to brown and now appears to be turning green.Should I be taking something?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

you might need a course of antibiotics.

Dr. David :

you need to see your GP doctor or go to an urgent care center and get your symptoms evaluated by a doctor

Dr. David :

it sounds like you need a chest xray and a sputum sample cultured to check for bacterial infections.

Dr. David :

green sputum could be a sign of a bacterial lung infection like a pneumonia or bacterial bronchitis.

Dr. David :

if there are signs pointing to a bacterial lung infection, then you will need a course of antibiotics.

Dr. David :

do you have a GP doctor or urgent care medical center close to you where you can be seen by a doctor soon?

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

you might need a course of antibiotics.

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :