DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Had a headache for 6 weeks, affects ears, face and so on. Treated

Had a headache for 6 weeks, affects ears, face and so on.
Treated with antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs (naproxen) without success as sinusitis diagnosed, now referred to ENT specialty with 80 day wait.
No nasal issue as such but left with headache, earache and throbbing throat area toward chest, no issue swallowing.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
what is your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it would seem that there is no infection and the headache is inconsistent but has the indicator of a "tension type" and although there is the odd sharp pain.

The issue is the throat, this has developed and was not part of the original issue, there is no swelling as far as can be seen so my question is what is the likely cause and remedy.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
We of course can not diagnose you on line.
One possibility is that the acute infection cleared up with antibiotics, but you now have chronic sinusitis. This can cause a sore throat as well. People with this condition can stay ill for years because no one does a CT scan, which takes about 3 minutes, and sees that a drainage procedure is needed. That is what the ENT doctor is for, and you need to move up this appointment.
However, your regular doctor can order the CT.
The throat can be swabbed for the lab to see if this is a separate infection, and checked for mono.
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Moving up the appointment list will be a problem, I am considering a private examination.

The throbbing in the throat is the concern, it aches and feels "swollen" although there is no obstruction and is neither worsened or bettered by hot or cold food or drink.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
GERD....acid reflux, can also cause this symptom.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
anytime
any questions
Find me as needed by request in medical.
"for Dr. Thomas only".