Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

hello there, my sister in law aged 29, has just started coming

Customer Question

hello there,
my sister in law aged 29, has just started coming out in the chicken pox rash. they are due to be with me next thursday and my mum of 81 years will also be there. furthermore, on the 27th/28th, my brother and family will be here with 2 babies under 4. is it best to ask them to stay away? this being christmas, you can understand the dilema, but health comes first!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I understand your concern here. Basically, once the lesions from chickenpox have scabbed and crusted over, the person is no longer contagious. That usually takes about five to seven days. So, basically, I think by the time your sister-in-law arrives she should be in the crusting stage and no longer contagious. So I think you can still invite her to come over
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

many thanks for your prompt reply. I had no idea this would all take place in this format, so it is very pleasing. I am still hesitant, as i have read that ALL of the blisters should be crusted/scabbed over before they are deemed no longer contagious. I understand that its difficult to tell, so i'm not looking for a reply, but I will give your advice much consideration and hopefully I'll only have the Christmas lunch to worry about.

Many thanks and A Very Merry Christmas to you all

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Same to you Jill but please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i pressed 'Good Service', hope that went through? Sorry, am a bit of a dinosaur with technology!!

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It went through fine Jill. Thanks and call on me anytime