Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Pain in hip, groin leg and knee can not lift leg when lying

Pain in hip, groin leg and knee can not lift leg when lying flat and pain is getting worse had baby 6months ago had bursitis when pregnant also have scoliosis
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Have you had any tests for this like blood work or MRI's?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I havent my gp just referred me to physio but there is a 4 week wait if not longer and the pain is getting unbearable
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Emma and we can continue after this if you'd like. Of course I can only give you my thoughts here but you need an MRI of your lumbar spine right away since it sounds like you may have one or more ruptured disks there and possibly something else called spinal stenosis--a narrowing of the canal that the spinal cord passes through. This could be a surgical emergency depending on the MRI findings so you need to ask your doctor for the scan right away
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok it's just the doctor said it was inflammation I'm also getting pain in my right side when I'm sat down that goes from my hip into my buttocks. He pain in my left side is going from my hip/groin and aching down my leg and into my knee
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Those are definitely from nerve root compressions in your spine Emma and it isn't just inflammation so please ask your doctor for the scan right away