Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

is taking charcoal for bloating safe with high blood pressure

is taking charcoal for bloating safe with high blood pressure medication
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Which high blood pressure medication you are on? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

candesartan 16mg andamlodipine 5mg

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Charcoal can be taken safely with the blood pressure medications you are already using. Charcoal has not been reported to interact with these medicines. But there is a very important precaution that you should use charcoal either 2 hours before or 1 hour after taking your blood pressure medication. This time gap is recommended for other medicines as well because charcoal interferes with absorption of these medicines from stomach and can reduce the effectiveness of other drugs. This is the only precaution you must observe. Lastly you should always inform your doctor about any new medicine you are going to take. So to conclude, just relax because charcoal is not going to affect your blood pressure medicines. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards