Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have just had the results of a CT angiogram and do not understand

I have just had the results of a CT angiogram and do not understand it. I am worried as I do not have a gap appt until next Tuesday. Can you please explain the result to me. The test shows a total coronary score of 255 agatston units calcified plaque was seen in all three coronary arteries, with mild stenoses 25-49% and calcified plaque in the proximal obtuse marginal? Mild 25-29/or moderate stenosis 50-69%
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

yes, I can help you

Dr. David :

calcium score of 255 means Moderate evidence of coronary artery disease.

Dr. David :

the purpose of the CTD angiogram is to check for blocked arteries in the heart which lead to heart muscles.

Dr. David :

the left marginal artery or obtuse marginal artery is a branch of the circumflex artery and this looks like there is mild stenosis or mild blockage of this artery at 25-49% blocked.

Dr. David :

have you had other heart tests like a cardiac echocardiogram ultrasound test and a stress test to see if you get chest pains when your heart gets stressed?

Dr. David :

do you smoke or have high cholesterol or are overweight or have diabetes? ? any of these can increase your risks for a heart attack.

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
Dr. David :

This is Dr. David

Dr. David :

yes, I can help you

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

Dr. David :

let me know if you have questions