Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi, I have the symptoms of pain, mucus, congestion,

Hi, I have the symptoms of facial pain, mucus, congestion, bad breath and tooth pain
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. How long has this been going on? Where exactly is the facial pain? And which teeth? Any fever?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The facial pain is around my cheeks and my teeth hurt at the back, I have had a temperature
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's been going on for a week
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Amy. It sounds classic for a sinus infection and if it's been going on for a week it isn't likely to resolve on its own although you could try a saline nasal irrigation system and some zinc lozenges. I wouldn't advise any more decongestants or antihistamines since those can actually make things worse. The best thing for you to do at this point is to see a doctor about this since it sounds like you need a course of antibiotics
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it contagious?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Not especially but you should for now avoid any kissing and you need to wash your hands frequently