Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi there im 34 year old female non smoker. I woke up this mprning

Customer Question

Hi there im 34 year old female non smoker. I woke up this mprning with room spinning and high pulsing sound in my left ear....my nose is also stuffed. Wat cam cause thus
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like. Part of this is benign vertigo--a problem with your inner ear but not an infection in itself. But it also sounds as though you have a blocked Eustachian tube on the left and you may also have developed a sinus infection. For now you can try either a Neti pot or a saline irrigation system to see if that helps the congestion and the tube blockage and you can also take some zinc lozenges. If that doesn't clear things up in another one or two days you need to see a doctor for some oral presnisone tablets and perhaps antibiotics if those are warranted.