Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

My friend has an ear infection but she lives in the usa and

My friend has an ear infection but she lives in the usa and has NO health insurance and cant afford a doctors attention. What is the worse that can happen to an unattended ear infection. Any natural remedies or self tartlet options?
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.
Ear infection would need antibiotic course to heal.
As of now following measures would help- Warm compress/ Motrin and Benadryl would reduce inflammation and allergy components. Steam inhalation and warm water gargles {with pinch of salt} would help too. Chicken soup should help too.
The infection would generally heal as our immunity would overpower it. Antibiotics if administered accelerate the process.
Wish your friend well.
Best