Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

dear dr It is me Sam I had done a hiv tns pcr 15+ days and

dear dr It is me Sam I had done a hiv tns pcr 15+ days and it came to be negative also at 8+ days it was negative also combo was done on 8+ and 11+ and 15+ all negative in addition I made the tests for std on 8+ and 15+ all negative my question is iit safe to go unprotected with my spouse or do I have to wait and do other tests or do I have to use protection until 3 months or 6 weeks
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
can I help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
dear dr It is me Sam I had done a hiv rna pcr 15+ days after exposure with unknown hiv message lady ( there was no penetration) however there was a genital rubing came to be negative also at 8+ days it was negative also combo was done on 8+ and 11+ and 15+ all negative in addition I made the tests for std on 8+ and 15+ all negative my question is iit safe to go unprotected with my spouse or do I have to wait and do other tests or do I have to use protection until 3 months or 6 we
I would wait until 3 months
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
even with negative rna pcr on 8 days+ 12 hrs and15 days + 10 hrs and negative combo 3 time .
yes. just to be safe
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry to ask again I understood that pcr rna is conclusive at these window times with the combo
I don't believe it is 100%. it is close but not 100%
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
other advice was to do a combo on 4 weeks and if negative then it is conclusive
It is about 99.9%
a negative standard test at 3 months is 100%
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what I understood that is in case that I made a rapid test not the pcr rna or is it that I understood this issue wrongly
It is one in the same
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok is it safe to use protection during this time ...the back ground is that I had an erotica message and there was no penetration no blow job no kissing but there might be a chance that the secretion was on the penis
Yes, it is safe to use protection
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what is the current status percentage that I am hiv negative as per the tests mentioned
As already stated Sam, 99.9%
Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
you know what to do from here
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)