Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hello My bp starts at 125/75 in the morning and ends up

Customer Question

My bp starts at 125/75 in the morning and ends up 142/75 in the evening, is this ok?
I'm 33 and do lots of exercise
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. The evening pressure--that systolic of 142--is a bit high and it's called systolic hypertension. While for now it isn't too concerning you should see a doctor and get a cardiac workup for a possible valve problem and also have your thyroid function checked for hyperthyroidism. Your doctor may consider medication to bring your systolic pressure more consistently into the 120's range
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Why would it go high in the evening?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That's a little hard to say for sure. Normally blood pressure is lower first thing in the morning than if it's checked in the evening. It's just that any number or 140 or more is a stress factor on the heart in time