Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I take Lisinopril and Simvastatin one each per day I have

Customer Question

I take Lisinopril and Simvastatin one each per day
I have not ordered my monthly prescription to cover the Christmas weekend, which means I will be without them for 5 days approx.
Will that be a serious problem?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. It's a little difficult to answer this except to say no problem with the Simvastatin. If you can measure your blood pressure for the next five days and it doesn't rise above around 150/95 you really wouldn't be at much risk for either a heart attack or a stroke, but if it did get higher than that you'd need at least to see a doctor at an urgent care center to get enough lisinopril to cover you until you can get your regular prescription