Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I constantly feel like killing people. I'm angry at

I constantly feel like killing people. I'm angry at everything and anything. I constantly feel that I am suffering from cancer of the testicles even after two doctors said nothing was wrong, as I had an issue when I was a child.One of my testicles is half the size of the other. My doctor checked for testicular cancer and said I was fine and both testicles were in the scrotum, but he never mentioned anything about the size difference, but I am concerned about it?

I have an obsession with murderers and gruesome stories. I perceive my future unrealistically and often think about it. Help?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you been seen for this as yet?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I mean seen by a psychiatrist or referred to one?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any other medical problems?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you on any medications for anything presently?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

Customer:

No I haven't been seen by anyone yet. I was thinking of approaching my GP and talking about this. I constantly worry also that one testicle is half the size of my other one, but doctors have seen this and never mentioned I should be concerned, but I constantly worry about anything and everything, always thinking of the worst possible scenario. I am not on medications nor do I have any medical problems that I know of.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You should definitely be seen by your GP and be referred to a psychiatrist.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are having hypochondriasis.

Customer:

Thank you. But from what I have read it is only normal for one testicle to be slightly bigger, mine is nearly half the size of the other one?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

The best thing to do is a testicular ultrasound

Dr. Shahzad MD :

that will definitively rule out a tumor or anything serious.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

If you have had an ultrasound of the testes and it is normal then I would not worry

Customer:

I've asked about that but two doctors checked and said it was fine.

Customer:

Thanks for your help.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Wish you all the best.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Kindest regards

Customer:

Sorry, I misread you. The doctors didn't give me an ultrasound they physically checked.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You should request an ultrasound.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Go to the GP and request an ultrasound and if that is normal that will definitively rule out anything serious.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.