Dr. Charogat
Dr. Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

Seasons greetings. I am a 67 year old male, have a temperature

Customer Question

Seasons greetings. I am a 67 year old male, have a temperature of 101.5, a runny nose, a dry cough, which comes in spasms and produces little. Bit of aching in the body. Which may be because I was banished last night to a spare room with cheap hard mattress. Flying long haul on Tuesday next. Had the symptoms for about a week, but last night and today the worst; optimisticallyIhope that marks the trough and improvement will follow. Do you have any thoughts or advice? Than you. Mark
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 2 years ago.
Dr.Customer:

Hi, and thank you for coming here with your question.

Dr.Customer:

By now I would expect symptoms to have started improving.

Dr.Customer:

I'd say that for right now, as long as you aren't getting worse, you can try to hold on until tomorrow. If you are the same tomorrow you need to see your doctor so that s/he can make sure that your lungs are clear.

Dr.Customer:

Also, if your symptoms worsen at all you need to see a doctor sooner.

Dr.Customer:

One tip I would have is to try to eat lots of real chicken soup. Chicken soup has been put to the test, and studies have shown that it actually does work at healing flu types of issues as well as colds.

Dr.Customer:

Again, if you aren't improving by tomorrow I would say you need to be seen - because by now things should be improving, not getting worse.

Dr.Customer:

G-d Bless

Dr.Customer:

Please let me know if you have any further question I can help with.

Dr.Customer:

As you are showing as being offline I will change this to a q&a type question so that you don't get charged extra.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.