Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Weepin sore above anus Persistent - three weeks Thought

Weepin sore above anus
Persistent - three weeks
Thought heprpes sore at first
Got worse
Weeping yellow puss
Very sore
Any ideas
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to this weeping sore above anus.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:
The symptoms you have described of weeping sore above anus along with yellow pus discharge can be due to a condition called anal fistula or anorectal abscess.
An anal fistula is a small, tunnel like structure (tract) develops between the back passage (anal canal) and the opening to the outer skin surrounding the anus.
An anorectal abscess is a collection of pus in the area of the anus and rectum.
Its common causes are:Passage of hard stool,constipation,chronic diarrhea,anal abscess,irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
You need following tests:Physical examination,Fistulography,Anoscopy and stool tests.
Although its good that you have applied Candid b cream Clotrimazole + beclomethasone, but this is not sufficient.
Oral antibiotics will be prescribed.Incision & drainage of pus may be required accordingly.Your doctor may prescribe pain medication and antibiotics.
So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your ano-rectal doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment as described above will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The sore is independent of the anus. Other factors are: recently returned from India. Recent sexual activity with new partner
Dear customer
Thank you for replying back.
Yes,as described above this seems to be the anal abscess even though it is independent of anus.
Sexually transmitted infections is one of the most common cause of anal abscess.
Being the receptive partner in anal sex,is a risk factor to develop for anal abscesses.
So bot***** *****ne is that yes,most likely your anal sex is the culprit to cause this anal abscess to develop near/above the anus.
You need to get an early appointment with your doctor for the examination & hence the antibiotics accordingly.With prompt treatment,it is usually treated completely without any complications.
Hope this helped.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert