Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

HELLO THERE, I AM A 51 YEARS OLD MAN AND HERE'S MY PROBLEM...

Customer Question

HELLO THERE, I AM A 51 YEARS OLD MAN AND HERE'S MY PROBLEM... SOMETIMES I WOKE UP IN THE NIGHT BECAUSE I NEED TO URINATE BUT SINCE I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE BATHROOM I ALWAYS URINATE IN A 5 LITRES MINERAL WATER EMPTY PLASTIC BOTTLE... NOW I'M NOT SURE BUT THERE'S A POSSIBILITY THAT WEEKS AGO I MAY HAVE MADE A CUT IN THE FORESKIN OF MY PENIS IN THE ATTEMPT OF URINATING INSIDE OF IT... IT'S TWO OR THREE WEEKS NOW THAT I CAN'T HAVE A NORMAL ERECTION BY MASTURBATION BECAUSE AS I TRY TO UNCOVER MY GLANS I FEEL PAIN IN THE FORESKIN AND IN THE LAST TWO MASTURBATIONS I DID FEEL A CONSIDERABLE PAIN ON THE BACK OF MY HEAD... I SLEEP NAKED, IN CASE IT CAN BE USEFUL FOR YOU TO KNOW... I'VE BEEN ABLE TO UNCOVER MY GLANS IN THE LAST ONE, THE GLANS WAS VERY RED, THE ERECTION WAS PAINFUL, NOT NORMAL AND WAS HARD TO PUT BACK THE FORESKIN TO COVER THE GLANS AGAIN... COULD YOU BE SO KIND TO GIVE ME ANY KIND OF MEDICATION? I HAVE NOT TIME TO GO TO A DOCTOR... CREAM, PILLS, ANYTHING... THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
We are unable to prescribe medicines over the internet.
We are only able to provide information in answer to questions.
If there is any such information that would be helpful, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?

The primary concern in someone with these symptoms is an infection that has developed on top of a small tear that may have occurred when urinating into the bottle in the middle of the night.

When there is an infection of the foreskin, the usual approach would be an oral antibiotic, but that would require that you see your doctor for a proper diagnosis and prescription of the antibiotic. You can try an over the counter antibiotic cream, but this is usually ineffective for more significant infections.

If the swelling of the foreskin gets so bad that it cannot be placed back over the glans, that would be an emergency. You say that it is difficult, but that also means that you were able to do it. If it gets worse and you are unable to do it, then the tightness can interfere with blood supply to the tip of the penis, and if this persists for a sufficient period of time, it may require surgical excision of the tip of the penis. Consequently, this is not a problem that should be ta***** *****ghtly. I understand that you say that you do not have time to go to a doctor, but not seeing a doctor may be a far bigger issue.

So, what you should do is see a doctor. Trying an over the counter antibiotic cream is a distant second best choice, but if you decide to do so, you should be willing to be seen by your doctor quickly if there is no improvement and certainly if it gets worse.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.