Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

A week ago I was in Leeds GI following chest pains and loosing

A week ago I was in Leeds GI following chest pains and loosing my balance. I was sent home the following day and prescribed dispersible aspirin and an under tongue spray should the chest pains occur again.
over the past weeks I have had chest pains everyday and used the spray. I have also monitored my blood pressure and over the last few days 160/102, 157/107, 141/99, 162/107, 148/101, 145/100, 152/97, 151/92. I take 5mg amlodipine.
In general I feel lousy and constantly tired despite sleeping and eating reasonably well. I have sleep apnea
What should I do?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Dr Uzair :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me\.

Dr Uzair :

Have you had these chest pains before as well or are these different?

Customer:

yes I had them a week before during the night and was taken to St james. I forgot to mention that I get short of breath during any exercise even putting on my socks and tying shoe laces when bent over

Dr Uzair :

This is a concern and I would suggest that you see your Cardiologist as soon as possible for this.

Dr Uzair :

If the blood pressure remains above 160mm Hg then you should see a physician at the ER or an Urgent care for a prescription of anti hypertensive medication to take with the amlodipine.

Dr Uzair :

I do not suggest that you ignore the chest pain and the frequent blood pressure increase as well as the shortness of breath.

Dr Uzair :

All these signs point toward a worsening heart condition.

Customer:

I was hoping that I would improve. I don't drink, I go for a walk everyday and try to relax etc my pulse against the readings taken range between 84 to 93. I don't feel that resting does me any good but makes me want to go to sleep. Is this symptoms of an heart worsening problem?

Dr Uzair :

Yes, unless proven otherwise.

Customer:

My eyesight prescription has changed and concentration is also poor

Dr Uzair :

Okay, persistently raised blood pressure affects the eyes as well.

Dr Uzair :

Do you have more queries?

Customer:

What should I do? Wait for an appointment from the Leeds GI. Try to get an appointment tomorrow at my doctors which is easier said than done? How long can I wait before getting treatment. Is there a way of fast tracking at least to discuss the additional medication? Could I go to a chemist?

Dr Uzair :

I would advise against going to a chemist for this. I suggest that you go to an ER or an Urgent care to speed things up. The ER physician will do the necessary to alleviate the current symptoms and prevent them from getting worse till you can see your regular doctor for a more thorough and precise work up and a permanent treatment regimen.

Customer:

I know it is difficult to understand exactly my position but unfortunately I no wiser - I will finish at this point

Dr Uzair :

You have rated my service as being bad?

Dr Uzair :

I provided you with the correct opinion and according to the current medical knowledge.

Dr Uzair :

I can not perform any tests or prescribe any medication online since it is against the law and against the policy of this website.

Customer:

I appreciate your position but as you agree your advice is limited. Unfortunately I was hoping for a direction. I am no wiser and hence my rating is based on this.

Dr Uzair :

The rating is not for the site, it is for the expert.

Dr Uzair :

I would appreciate it, if you reconsider.

Customer:

Ok The £24 is not the issue. Finish

Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.