Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

hi I have a all over body and head itch I have seen my GP who

Customer Question

hi I have a all over body and head itch I have seen my GP who has tried everything, she made an appointment for to see a dermatologist who said my skin was in perfect condition because of my age which is 78, I was told the itch was stress because home problems I seemed to control the itch by putting the problems on the back shelf like I was told to do. really the problems are no different to any family problems normal my husband has been diagnosed with having had a stroke which has effected his memory, so this is what i have been told is causing my Itch it seems to be worse when im in bed and my body gets heated can you suggest anything I can try thank you Christina Foster
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Dr Basu :

Hi there, This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Dr Basu :

Indeed since your skin is in perfect condition, the itching is not due to the skin related problem.

Dr Basu :

This is likely due to the nerve related problem.

Dr Basu :

Stress, menopause all can combine to produce these symptoms.

Dr Basu :

The best treatment will be prescription medications:

Dr Basu :

1. Amitriptyline 25 mg starting then increasing to 50 to 75 mg daily at bedtime.

Dr Basu :

2. Gabapentin 100 mg starting then to 330 to 600 mg daily.

Dr Basu :

Over the counter Capsaicin ointment can be tried.

Dr Basu :

Diphenhydramine ( benadryl) 50 mg 2-3 times a day can be used as well.

JACUSTOMER-l1giv0pz- :

I have been taking ampitriptyline 25 mg x 2 nightly I haven't tried capsaicin ointment or Diphenhydramine can I buy the ablets over the counter

Dr Basu :

yes

Dr Basu :

you can try them together

Dr Basu :

and amitriptyline dose can be increased to 75 mg at night daily.

JACUSTOMER-l1giv0pz- :

thank you I will try what you have suggested does the 24 pounds cover me for a month or have i not understood or read the details properly

Dr Basu :

I am not aware of the financial obligations and subscriptions since I am just an expert using this website to help you out.

Dr Basu :

But you can contact the customer service for further clarification.

Dr Basu :

However, Please rate the chat Excellent on your exit so that the company compensates for my time.

JACUSTOMER-l1giv0pz- :

no problem I will re read the details. however thank you for your help fingers crossed I get some relief thanks again

Dr Basu :

Best wishes and Happy Holidays,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
I am Dr Basu experienced in Metabolic Diseases.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Hello.

An itch--chronic itching-- without a rash has a wide differential, and it is important that you know it, and that your doctor investigates accordingly.

Iron deficiency [and this can be from slow bleeding], polycythemia vera, liver or kidney problems, heavy metals, allergy, parasites, hidden infection and hidden cancer.

In addition more rarely, other autoimmune disease, hormonal disease, and other toxins that heavy metals.

This is not something just to treat, and your skin can be in perfect condition. Go over this list with your doctor without fail.

I am a double board certified US doctor and will always give you safe and accurate answers.

Find me by request daily.

Please click a positive rating.