Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Been diagnosed with sinus infection many times and have again

Customer Question

Been diagnosed with sinus infection many times and have again last week the usual headache pains and ache pain in my teeth. My face hurts.but now I also have very tender and itchy scalp.my face feels hot and so does my scalp.is this all sinus infection.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, a tender and itchy scalp, along with the face feeling hot, can occur with a sinus infection. There are actually many different sinuses in the head, some of which are deeper in the head, some of which extend up the forehead, and some that are behind the ears. Consequently, the symptoms that can occur with a sinus infection can vary according to which sinuses are affected.

The ultimate proof that these symptoms are related to a sinus infection is improvement with treatment of the sinus infection. As long as these symptoms improve with the antibiotics and nasal spray, there is no need for further evaluation or treatment.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help.as the itchy scalp from the sinus will special shampoos etc make any difference.again thank you .

Typically not, since the problem is not with the scalp, itself.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As regards ***** ***** tried many antibiotics nasal sprays everything.but it still comes back.woke up this morning with awful headache again pain my cheekbones.is there anything at all to ease or cure sinus

There would need to be an evaluation to identify any underlying condition that predisposes the sinuses to get infected, such as allergy inflammation or an anatomic condition. Specific treatment would depend upon what is found on evaluation.