DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Ashamed to admit I've used cocaine socially for 11 years is

Ashamed to admit I've used cocaine socially for 11 years is it too late for me to get back to good health ?im 29 and read a lot of bad reports of heart damage that has really got me worried
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
hello
There is no reason to believe you currently have any damage
Have you had an exam?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not had an exam no,thinking maybe I should but busy working life makes that difficult,what does the exam involve?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
A medical exam.
Routine labs
Testing your neurological function, etc.
All part of a routine exam.
EKG
If this is normal, simply avoid cocaine.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is EKG?ill admit had a couple of chest pains that got me thinking a little is this a sign or long term damage?im now avoiding cocaine and really feel ashamed at my life style
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
EKG checks your heart, and makes sure it is OK.
Chest pains in anyone require and exam and EKG.
And if you have chest pains, next time go to the ER.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Appreciate your time by the way thank you,they were short lived pains never stayed for long so the fact the pains went away is a good sign or should I get an exam done to be sure I'm ok?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You should get an exam regardless, even though it is unlikely heart.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.