Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi,I'v got swollen in the both side of my neck, mostly in a

Hi,I`v got swollen in the both side of my neck, mostly in a front(both sides).It comes more after I having a shower.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. How long has this been going on? Any rash or itching with this and how long does it last?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it is since I fell over in 05.2013.No rash or itching.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Regina. And for the most part it only happens after you shower? And again, how long does it last? Also, how is your hypothyroidism being treated and do you know what your TSH level is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Very big lamp for at least 2 hours, but swollen is almost constantly. i had my blood test last year and they were on a border(as GP says). I take L-thiroxine 75 mg daily.On ultrason.shows the sign of my thyroid damaging.

Also I take meloxicam 1,5 every day otherwise the swollen will be much bigger. My face swollen too and I hardly walk after each shower.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean about hardly being able to walk Regina?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My legs become heavy, weakness in hole body and depends on how big swollen it is affect my ability to walk,speak(very hard do it) everything. Moreover couple weeks ago I `v got another problem to emptied my bowl.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Regina. Two things here. First off I think your thyroid medication needs to be increased since it sounds like you're being under treated for your low thyroid. Secondly, you need your AM and PM cortisol levels checked because it sounds as though you also suffer from low cortisol--underfunctioning adrenal glands. If you haven't seen an endocrinologist about all this that should be the next thing your GP does--give you a referral to one
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much, but my question was about swollen in my neck...

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That's either from the undertreated thyroid or the low cortisol levels or both Regina. One thing you can try for now if you haven't already is an antihistamine like benadryl or Claritin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks, ***** ***** an antihistamin, but it doesn`t help at all.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Then try capsaicin cream topically--that's over the counter. But I think the thyroid and the cortisol issues need to be addressed so talk to your doctor about that. Let me know how it goes for you and please remember to rate my service to you Regina