DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi there, I'm an 18 year old male and I have a question about

Hi there, I'm an 18 year old male and I have a question about my penis? Ive held off seeing a doctor as I'm embarrassed about what I have to ask. Anyway, I'm quite concerned about some spots that are around the tip of my penis, they are fairly small and have a red circular base with a skin colour top (if that males sense?) They seem to protrude more when my penis is erect. I also have quite a tight foreskin, now I know that can be normal but I don't know if these spots/skin tags are causing this? Is there anything you recommend? Or should I consult a doctor and let them see?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Please attach a picture
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Doctor Thomas.

I'm sorry I'm not comfortable to send a picture on the web? Is there another way? I'm really sorry I just want to make sure this is a real page if you get me? Sorry for the weird queries.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You can up load it to photobucket.com and give me the link
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay thanks. I'll send you a picture here, as I am really concerned about this.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You have to attach it here, or use photobucket
You can not send it to me otherwise
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Typically, the spots are pearly papules.
These are harmless.
However, given the location, you need to see your doctor, or a urologist, or a dermatologist to have them looked at under magnification.
This is to exclude the possibility of warts in the early stages, which can not be done with these photos.
Warts have to be removed by the doctor, not home therapy.
However, I think you have possibly a normal finding.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.