DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Hi, I recently had my tooth removed (the one infront of the

Hi, I recently had my tooth removed (the one infront of the wisdom tooth, on the top left had side of my mouth about two weeks ago, everything was fine and Ive had nothing wrong. Recently, about 4-5 days ago. I started with a little bit of pain. And now it's becoming unbearable. My mouth is really swollen on the inside and outside, also very red. I taste blood and its stopping me from sleeping. The area that hurts is in the lower part of my mouth, not the top where my tooth was removed. I don't know what it is or what it could be. But it is very painful and causing a lot of discomfort. Could you help please?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
This acts like an abscess.
It can happen even after the tooth is removed if not all contents are removed.
You need to go to A and E immediately, probably get antibiotics, and a refer to a proper oral surgeon.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
I don't think you need to go to A and E right away
Get a hold of your dentist and get it looked at.
It could be simply an infection that needs antibiotics