Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Is a bilirubin of 9 normal ?

Customer Question

Is a bilirubin of 9 normal ?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Hasan :

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want.

Dr. Hasan :

If it is in umol/l then it is normal.

Dr. Hasan :

I hope this answers your concern. Let me know if you have any question.

Dr. Hasan :

I am here to assist you.

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry you were unable to enter the chat. I have answered your question above in the chat. Please read it. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was asking as my dad has chemo and they tested this as he has a liver met of 16 mm and 1 node and is on irinotecan . Can a met affect the liver ?

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your input. I am sorry to hear about your dads illness. It is not necessary to have an effect on liver function levels due to mets. Having normal bilirubin is a good thing in this case. I wish him all the best for a good health. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He has 1 of 16 mm

and 1 aortocaval node . Can this be treated with chemo ? He's on irinotecan .

-

also, should cea drop during chemo ? His is at 9

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Yes CEA should drop during chemo. The only treatment for aortocaval node is chemo. I wish him good luck and that he gets well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.