Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi Dr chip slight panic anxiety Mark here I feel ok now after

Customer Question

Hi Dr chip slight panic anxiety Mark here
I feel ok now after flu up and about just a little tired
I had a light brown poo !! And I googled it !!!
My wife said. You should not Google anything medical. !!
All my liver profiles are fine as you know billibubin 10. Alt 21 ast 28 ggt 10 ! So it's diet not my liver ??
You have my bloods !
I also had a full liver ultrasound on a medical in feb all fine no signs of any cronic liver disease report said small fatty change only which I've reversed.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Stomp on your computer Mark and yell Happy New Year. So has your stool ever been this color before and was it nicely formed or a little loose?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nicely formed yes now and again it's lighter.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--still brown and just a bit lighter--we're not talking actually chalk colored? And are you saying it's been this way before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Peanut brown yes sometimes but not often.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK. Take a deep breath first and maybe have a glass of that fine Chianti. This isn't a liver problem and actually clay or chalk colored stool is usually and indication of a bile duct obstruction as with a gall stone that's stuck in the common bile duct. Usually in cases like yours it's just a case of the stool moving a little faster than normal through the intestines and colon--can be a sypmotom of IBS. But what you're describing is nothing at all serious. Sometimes also has to do with something you ate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did think my liver was very good from bloods ? Thanks again !!! Happy new year
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Your liver enzymes are fine and your liver is health my friend. Cheers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have them all even my lipase ! On the PDF I posted and I'm guessing a bile duct obstruction would raise them up ?? And mess the bloods around. Yes I get it with Ibs you are right. With ibs I get slightly constipated and ligjter
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Not only would it mess them up, you'd be in immense pain with a lodged stone. Nothing at all to worry about unless you're superstitious about midnight on December 31 but we're long past Y2K
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Lol seriously mate liver pancreas and stuff all good ?? Excellent rating. Not cirrosis like net says !!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
All organs in tip top condition Mark. Stay away from Dr Google and just stick with me. Auld Lang Syne and all that Scottish/Robert Burns stuff, laddie
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bloods tell you that ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--absolutely
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And you have run your expert eye over them ? Lol.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
And with my fine toothed comb. Remember who's the doctor here my friend and I promise I would never tell you just what I thought you wanted to hear if it were not so
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Then I can relax ? Good bloods to end the year !
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Relax and blow out the old year with a blast. One New Year's resolution for you--never, NEVER Google medical things.
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Life saver. You are seriously mate all good yea ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely serious--all's good
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Happy new year.
In the USA next year. Bring the wine
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Same to you my friend but you have nearly an hour to go and I have five hours left
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You are correct as per usual.
Can't wait to see the states next year where are you ?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Florida but I'm originally from the sticks of Virginia--spent nearly eight years in the D.C. area
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow. Florida to see you for a drink
Bet the weather is great there ?
You should do a couple of years in harley street London. You'd love it !
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The weather, unfortunately, is just about the same all the time and this time of the year never feels like the season for me--no such thing as winter here. Actually I might take my surgery back to 221B Baker Street with my old friend who sometimes wears a deerstalker,s cap and plays the violin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thats not far from harley street.
Your the sort of superb doc we need here plus think of the history !!
My house is Victorian. I love it.
There's some great clinics in harley street too.
Thanks again for all your help with my anxiety hope to see you next year in us
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That's a date Mark. I'll end with a bit of Sherlockian trivia--
Not once in the novels and short stories of A Conan Doyle did SH ever say, "Elementary, my dear Watson."
"Elementary" many times
"My dear Watson" a few
But never the two together
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Priceless. And true. London needs you !
And London is worth anyone's time and London embraces the best for that reason practice in London. Happy new year !
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Same to you my friend--and sometimes your questions pose a two pipe problem for me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I get your meaning.
Being eccentric I hope I come across as I am well meaning. But speaking to you Iam sure you'd love London !
Il leave a bonus for your time have a good one !!!!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You too, my friend and I'll come to London if you can get Professor Moriarty out of there. As you may have gathered, I'm a Sherlock aficionado.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Maybe il come to Florida for my Medical
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I specialize in gator bites and extracting people from pythons' bellies too
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
See you in 2015.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It's a date
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Happy New Year!!!