Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Hi Dr chip slight panic anxiety Mark here I feel ok now after

Hi Dr chip slight panic anxiety Mark here
I feel ok now after flu up and about just a little tired
I had a light brown poo !! And I googled it !!!
My wife said. You should not Google anything medical. !!
All my liver profiles are fine as you know billibubin 10. Alt 21 ast 28 ggt 10 ! So it's diet not my liver ??
You have my bloods !
I also had a full liver ultrasound on a medical in feb all fine no signs of any cronic liver disease report said small fatty change only which I've reversed.
Stomp on your computer Mark and yell Happy New Year. So has your stool ever been this color before and was it nicely formed or a little loose?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nicely formed yes now and again it's lighter.
OK--still brown and just a bit lighter--we're not talking actually chalk colored? And are you saying it's been this way before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Peanut brown yes sometimes but not often.
OK. Take a deep breath first and maybe have a glass of that fine Chianti. This isn't a liver problem and actually clay or chalk colored stool is usually and indication of a bile duct obstruction as with a gall stone that's stuck in the common bile duct. Usually in cases like yours it's just a case of the stool moving a little faster than normal through the intestines and colon--can be a sypmotom of IBS. But what you're describing is nothing at all serious. Sometimes also has to do with something you ate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did think my liver was very good from bloods ? Thanks again !!! Happy new year
Your liver enzymes are fine and your liver is health my friend. Cheers
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You have them all even my lipase ! On the PDF I posted and I'm guessing a bile duct obstruction would raise them up ?? And mess the bloods around. Yes I get it with Ibs you are right. With ibs I get slightly constipated and ligjter
Not only would it mess them up, you'd be in immense pain with a lodged stone. Nothing at all to worry about unless you're superstitious about midnight on December 31 but we're long past Y2K
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Lol seriously mate liver pancreas and stuff all good ?? Excellent rating. Not cirrosis like net says !!
All organs in tip top condition Mark. Stay away from Dr Google and just stick with me. Auld Lang Syne and all that Scottish/Robert Burns stuff, laddie
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Bloods tell you that ?
Yes--absolutely
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
And you have run your expert eye over them ? Lol.
And with my fine toothed comb. Remember who's the doctor here my friend and I promise I would never tell you just what I thought you wanted to hear if it were not so
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Then I can relax ? Good bloods to end the year !
Relax and blow out the old year with a blast. One New Year's resolution for you--never, NEVER Google medical things.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Life saver. You are seriously mate all good yea ?
Absolutely serious--all's good
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Happy new year.
In the USA next year. Bring the wine
Same to you my friend but you have nearly an hour to go and I have five hours left
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You are correct as per usual.
Can't wait to see the states next year where are you ?
Florida but I'm originally from the sticks of Virginia--spent nearly eight years in the D.C. area
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Wow. Florida to see you for a drink
Bet the weather is great there ?
You should do a couple of years in harley street London. You'd love it !
The weather, unfortunately, is just about the same all the time and this time of the year never feels like the season for me--no such thing as winter here. Actually I might take my surgery back to 221B Baker Street with my old friend who sometimes wears a deerstalker,s cap and plays the violin
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thats not far from harley street.
Your the sort of superb doc we need here plus think of the history !!
My house is Victorian. I love it.
There's some great clinics in harley street too.
Thanks again for all your help with my anxiety hope to see you next year in us
That's a date Mark. I'll end with a bit of Sherlockian trivia--
Not once in the novels and short stories of A Conan Doyle did SH ever say, "Elementary, my dear Watson."
"Elementary" many times
"My dear Watson" a few
But never the two together
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Priceless. And true. London needs you !
And London is worth anyone's time and London embraces the best for that reason practice in London. Happy new year !
Same to you my friend--and sometimes your questions pose a two pipe problem for me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think I get your meaning.
Being eccentric I hope I come across as I am well meaning. But speaking to you Iam sure you'd love London !
Il leave a bonus for your time have a good one !!!!
You too, my friend and I'll come to London if you can get Professor Moriarty out of there. As you may have gathered, I'm a Sherlock aficionado.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Maybe il come to Florida for my Medical
I specialize in gator bites and extracting people from pythons' bellies too
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
See you in 2015.
It's a date
Happy New Year!!!