Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have white blister covering my uvula which is also extremely

I have white blister covering my uvula which is also extremely swollen. Swallowing is agony my neck is sore and I have a headache also been vomiting I have a picture?? Any advice pls xx
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to these symptoms. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions
Since how long you have these symptoms?
Do you have sore throat also?
Any cough?
I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a sore throat no blisters on my tonsils. A slight cough. This is the 3rd day I've been in pain.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info and attaching the pictures.
I have seen both the pictures thoroughlly.
The symptoms you are having of swollen uvula,slight cough & other symptoms can be due to bacterial infection like strep throat.It is the most common bacterial cause of swollen uvula & sore throat.It is caused group A Streptococcus bacteria.
Strep can not be accurately diagnosed by looking at the uvula or throat alone. It requires a laboratory test.A throat swab or a rapid test is required to rule out/diagnose strep infection.
Symptoms caused by viral infection usually gets resolved within a week without leaving any complications,but as this seems to be due to a bacterial infection,an antibiotic medication need to be prescribed to cure this.
Do not use ice/cold drinks as this will aggravate the symptoms.
Keeping a humidifier running in your room or using an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day can provide dramatic relief.
There is nothing serious or dangerous here but is of concern.
So I advise you to make an appointment with your doctor for examination & swab test so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Antibiotics will be prescribed accordingly.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert