Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a nine year old boy, he has started to develop a very

Customer Question

I have a nine year old boy, he has started to develop a very noticeable head movement - he roles his head to the left and the right. He has started to do it almost constantly. Can you please tell me what should I do?
Mike
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. When you say he rolls his head--can you describe that a little more fully? And are you saying this is going on all the time or is it from time to time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He has started to do it more frequently I have filmed it on my phone if that would help. he does not know he is doing it I am sure.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
It would help greatly Mike if I could see the video
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can I have a mail address to forward it to please.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
You can send it to***@******.*** and they will forward it to me. We can't use personal emails here Mike. If you contact them they will tell you when they've sent it to me and I will get back to you just as soon as that happens. This might take a while so please be patient and don't post anything else on this page until I get back to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have sent it to *****@******.***

With a request to be forwarded to Doctor Chip/

Mike

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just give it time Mike and I'll get back to you just as soon as I get it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Need some answers please Mike

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Mike--it may still take a while for justanswer to send me your email. Please be patient for now and if that hasn't happened in a few hours I'll come back and discuss this with you without having seen the video
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you...Mike

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
No problem and I'll get back to you later today no matter what
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi ,

Its only a small clip for them to send you - I agree this will make it very clear when you see the head movement and facial expression. So I hope you can get to see it before you respond.

Mike

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Just don't post anything more on this page until I get back to you Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Worried about him he keeps doing this head turn thing x

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Mike--I know you're concerned but I haven't gotten your video as yet. Are you saying today it's been much worse?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Mike--I finally got the email but for some reason my computer won't let me run it. Could you post it on Utube, Snapfish, Photobucket or Imageshack and give me the link?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me why I have had no reply please

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Mike but as I told you before, although customer service did send me your email for some reason my computer wouldn't allow me to view the video. That's why I asked above it you could post it on one of those alternative sites
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am presently in the sahara desert, 600km South of Hassi Messaoud.

I would have thought that Customer Service could have saved the file for you in any format you like and send it to you.

I am not an IT guy - so please could you ask them to do something for you so you can read it.

I also noted you said you would come back to me regardless of the clip.

Your observations would be welcome. I have given this site $100 dollars so far and have received nothing for it!

Mike

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I did come back above as soon as I got the email Mike. But let's go on here without the video for now. Are you saying that now he's doing this all the time throughout the day?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, but the frequency and severity changes - but its there.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--just for clarification here--have you had a doctor take a look at this or do you have access to a doctor where you are?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My eldest daughter is taking him today - we think he has a form of Tourette Syndrome - the movement of his head is looking like a tic.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Well Tourettes was my first thought although it might have helped if I could have seen the video. It's also possible this is behavioral and not actually Tourette's. One other possibility would be a seizure disorder but unless he seems out of it just after this occurs that's very unlikely. Let me know what the doctor has to say once he's been seen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Get back to me after he's seen the doctor Mike