Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

when i was 13 my 15 year old brother tried to have sex with

when i was 13 my 15 year old brother tried to have sex with me a couple of years later i took my clothes off in front of my nine year old brother and we kissed on out private parts, it wasnt forced and there was no sexual feeling in it, i just wonder how to think of it now , was it a bad thing was it abuse i feel guilty it was 35 years ago
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Can you tell me what exactly happened with your older brother trying to have sex with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

one sec be back in 2 mins

he came into my room and touched me then we undressed and he got on top of me and tried to enter me

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Debbie. Now can you tell me how it's affecting you now? Is the guilt feeling causing real problems either now or in the past?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not what he did to me i am more guilty about taking my clothes off in front of my younger brother he was only 9 and we kissed on our private parts

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

r u there?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand Debbie. No, that wasn't abuse and you really shouldn't feel guilty after all these years about that. But if you still feel that guilt, I'd advise you to seek treatment--either from a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist--to talk about it and to work through your negative feelings on the subject
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do u really think i should put it behind me and move on are u sure it was not abuse and i shouldnt keep thinking about it

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I'm sure it wasn't abuse Debbie and you should put it behind you after all these years and move on
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

if there was no sexual feeling in it just like copying what my older brother did surely i should think of it as harmless?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--entirely harmless Debbie
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i read that if u were over the age of 16 then it is classed as abuse

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Legally perhaps but I don't see it as abuse. But again, if what I've told you doesn't help in letting go you need some counseling for it Debbie
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i dont really want to go to councelling because it is private info, please tell me again that i should remember it was so long ago and it wasnt harmful in any way and i shouldnt feel guilty anymore

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes it was a very long time ago and you were young and many times kids that age do do things like this. No harm was done to anyone and you need to let go of the guilt and move on