Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I'm a male in my 20s. I suddenly developed a strange and

Customer Question

I'm a male in my 20s.
I suddenly developed a strange and quite pleasurable feeling in my groinal area/lower stomache and lower back. For some reason, I leaked pre ejaculatory fluid. I can't understand why this is. I was not sexually aroused at all and had zero penile response. How is it possible that ejaculatory fluid can leak without any subjective arousal or penile response? I'm not complaining because it's a good feeling and has been like this for a while, but I would like to understand why this happened.
Are these some possible reasons:
- I'd been sat down for hours on a hard floor - is the pleasurable feeling coming from my prostate gland?
- I had sexual thoughts earlier in the day but long before this bodily feeling occured and when it occured, my penis was flaccid and I had no sexual thoughts and wasn't exposed to sexual stimuli
- I'd been anxious all day (I have bad OCD). Can anxiety/arousal be misattributed/misinterpreted by the brain and body - in other words, are they physiologically similar and can the brain misinterpret the two?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Dr. Phil, MD :

please enter chat

Customer:

hello

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hi I'm Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil, MD :

Can i ask your first name?

Customer:

Hi. My first name is LIam.

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hi Liam

Dr. Phil, MD :

nice to meet you

Customer:

you too

Dr. Phil, MD :

do you take any meds?

Customer:

I am on 40mg of paroxetine for ocd and depression

Dr. Phil, MD :

okay

Dr. Phil, MD :

anything new?

Dr. Phil, MD :

or any supplements?

Customer:

No. That's it.

Dr. Phil, MD :

okay

Dr. Phil, MD :

I think there are two possibilities

Dr. Phil, MD :

1)prostate as you suggested

Dr. Phil, MD :

2)a nerve in the low back is being stimulated

Dr. Phil, MD :

these nerves can stimulate pelvic muscles

Dr. Phil, MD :

and nerves

Customer:

Can fear, anxiety and arousal become misattributed and are they physiologically similar

Dr. Phil, MD :

that is interesting

Dr. Phil, MD :

I think theoretically it is possible

Dr. Phil, MD :

I just have never heard of it

Dr. Phil, MD :

but yes that is possible

Customer:

Do they both release dopamine?

Dr. Phil, MD :

fear and sexual stimulation are located in similar centers of the brain

Dr. Phil, MD :

and yes they both involve dopamine among other neurotransmitters

Customer:

I sometimes struggle to maintain erection when I'm anxious due to my OCD. Can the anxiety itself inhibit penile response?

Dr. Phil, MD :

definitely

Dr. Phil, MD :

anxiety and sexual dysfunction are closely related

Dr. Phil, MD :

especially in young guys

Dr. Phil, MD :

in older men its usually something else

Customer:

Is it possible for pre-ejaculatory fluid to sometimes release without arousal. Can the prostate be sometimes stimulated just by sitting down and can defecation also put pressure on the prostate?

Dr. Phil, MD :

1)certain meds can cause that. but you are not on any. It is possible but not common

Dr. Phil, MD :

2)yes, both can

Dr. Phil, MD :

and that is why I suggested that is a possible cause. prostatic stimulatiin

Dr. Phil, MD :

stimulation

Customer:

How long would it take for the bodily feeling to diminish and return to a state of equilibrium?

Dr. Phil, MD :

from the prostate stimulation?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Phil, MD :

one day

Dr. Phil, MD :

or less

Customer:

I'm not complaining because it is a strangely pleasurable feeling, but I always assumed such pleasurable feelings would only exist when one is sexually aroused?

Dr. Phil, MD :

not necessarily

Dr. Phil, MD :

like you said, the prostate can be stimulated and cause it

Dr. Phil, MD :

also nerves that control it can be affected

Dr. Phil, MD :

basically you are just bypassing the brain and stimulating the nerves directly

Dr. Phil, MD :

make sense?

Customer:

Why would this produce pre ejaculatory fluid? Is the purpose of the prostate something to do with seminal production?

Dr. Phil, MD :

that is exactly what the prostate does

Dr. Phil, MD :

it release fluid to nourish sperm

Dr. Phil, MD :

that is its function

Customer:

A final question:

Dr. Phil, MD :

ok :)

Customer:

I sometimes feel the need to masturbate (like needing to scratch an itch) even when I'm not subjectively aroused. This seems to occur after a few days of not masturbating. Is this due to the testicles becoming full of semen and needing to release it and achieve a state of bodily equilbrium?

Dr. Phil, MD :

bingo

Dr. Phil, MD :

that is exactly the cause

Customer:

If one wants to cut down on masturbation, can one simply stop viewing sexual stimuli and try to focus on other things?

Dr. Phil, MD :

yes, that is a reasonable plan

Customer:

Thank you for your help.

Dr. Phil, MD :

welcome :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

any more questions Liam?

Customer:

No. That's it. Thanks

Dr. Phil, MD :

welcome

Dr. Phil, MD :

did I do excellent work for you today sir?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Phil, MD :

thank you

Dr. Phil, MD :

would you mind rating positive for me?

Dr. Phil, MD :

I appreciate it

Customer:

i will do

Dr. Phil, MD :

thank you sir

Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: GP in the United States
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)