Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have been very depressed for many years and tonight I feel

Customer Question

I have been very depressed for many years and tonight I feel suicidal and just want to end my life I also have hypertension type 2 diabetes and chronic urine retention
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--how exactly can I help you with all this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just give some advice as to what to do as doctor/hospital won't listen to how I am feeling
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Maureen. Are you saying that you've seen a psychiatrist and he didn't think you were depressed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have seen lots of different medical people I am on 3 different antidepressants and they won't listen when I say I feel they are not working
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I understand Maureen. What medications have you been on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am on risperedone venlafaxine and mirtazapine for depression
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Maureen we can continue after this if you'd like. I can only make suggestions here of course. I would try you on an MAO inhibitor like Nardil and I would also consider adding Adderall. For severe, intractable depression electroconvulsive therapy can be effective. You need to discuss these options with your psychiatrist and if he isn't comfortable with that I suggest you see a new psychiatrist.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK but what can I do at the moment as I cannot see the psychiatrist until monday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
For right now, I'm reluctant to suggest certain supplements with the medications you're taking but you can try exercise--even just a brisk walk--and chamomile tea. But if you are having suicidal thoughts the best thing for you to do is call the psychiatric hot line or get yourself to A&E