Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi there im a 19 year old woman, 5'5 and 9 stone 5. I went

Hi there im a 19 year old woman, 5'5 and 9 stone 5. I went for a jog about an hour ago, came back and drunk 2 pints of water straight away. Before I jogged I had a small amount of alcohol and I am currently on anti depressants, I take sleeping pills some of the nights, I did yesterday but not today. About 30 mins later i started feeling foggy, my head feels tight, and I felt quite faint, and my body had tingling sensations, (the fear of water intoxication may have contributed). I don't feel sick, or feel like my stomach is about to burst. I'm just worried if i will be alright through this night and if i should seek help right away??? Please note i am extremely anxious at the moment and this may be exaggerating the physical effects!
Thanks for your time
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Phil, MD :

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Dr. Phil, MD :

please enter chat

Customer:

Thanks for your time

Dr. Phil, MD :

Hi I'm Dr. Phil

Dr. Phil, MD :

Can I ask your first name?

Customer:

Roni

Dr. Phil, MD :

hi Roni

Dr. Phil, MD :

nice to meet you

Dr. Phil, MD :

do you have anxiety?

Customer:

yes i was diagnosed in may, but i have improved a lot now

Dr. Phil, MD :

okay

Dr. Phil, MD :

and you are just worried about water intoxication right now?

Customer:

i just want to know if i should worry about this

Dr. Phil, MD :

no, absolutely not

Dr. Phil, MD :

you need to drink TONS of water to get intoxication

Dr. Phil, MD :

you are fine

Customer:

would you have any idea what the problem was??

Dr. Phil, MD :

could just be anxiety related

Dr. Phil, MD :

sounds like you were worried about it and it caused some physical symptoms

Dr. Phil, MD :

which is very common

Dr. Phil, MD :

you there?

Customer:

ok so is water intoxication caused usually caused by drinking more than 1 litre per hour?

Dr. Phil, MD :

absolutely

Dr. Phil, MD :

much more than that

Dr. Phil, MD :

hello?

Customer:

very likely, and i usually feel like this when i stop taking sleeping pills, and with the added anxiety obviously the it is affecting the physical symptoms

Dr. Phil, MD :

agreed

Dr. Phil, MD :

that is probalby the reason

Customer:

sorry i am on my phone typing this but i think im ok now

Customer:

thanks for the help

Dr. Phil, MD :

okay good :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

welcome :)

Dr. Phil, MD :

did I do good work for you today?

I appreciate the ok rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)