Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

About 8 months ago a black mark appeared on my forehead and

About 8 months ago a black mark appeared on my forehead and after a few days a crust appeared and one day it had got larger.One day with a bowl of hot water and a flannel I rubbed away at it at the same time peeling bits away with a finger nail and the thing got smaller.
Then another scab like feature appeared just below the black mole like feature. This over a number of days got bigger.So one day I went through the same ritual of dabbing away with a flannel for about an hour and the scab went altogether.But now this lower and lighter coloured scab has reappeared so what the heck is going on.
I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as to what it is. Regards ***** ***** Chester.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Can you please attach a picture here if possible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry no way do I have the capabilities to send you a photo.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
The other expert has opted out.
How large is this spot and scab?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The black mole like feature at one time must have measured an inch.After dabbing away at it with hot water and a flannel it is now about half an inch. Unfortunately both black and light coloured scabs are just above my left eye so cannot get a real view of them,where as if in the middle of my forehead I would be able to get a good and clear view.

The lighter coloured scab was about a quarter of an inch underneath the black mole like feature.By dabbing with a flannel and hot water I definitely erased the scab completely but low and behold it has come back.At the moment it is small but it is definitely back.

I have some friends who have two dogs which I have looked after as well as the house.When this problem started one of my friends told me they had found ticks on one of the dogs and as they sleep on the bed I am now wondering if a tick managed to find its way to me.

It would be unusual for any tick bite to persist for 8 months.

First, I agree with the other expert that we can provide much better information if able to review a picture of the lesion. However, without a picture, the most likely condition that would cause the symptoms that you describe would be a type of keratosis. It is unusual for a true mole to develop in someone of your age, but keratoses are common.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many many thanks for your reply.However it looks as if I am back to square one with no suitable explanation as to why I keep getting repeated chest infections when a lung x-ray shows lungs are ok and on my last visit to my doctor before going on holiday which unfortunately I had to abort it appears oxygen levels in blood were low.

Once again sincere thanks for your help.

You did not ask any question about chest infections. You only asked about the black mark and scab on your forehead, and I addressed the question that you asked.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am very sorry sir but I did not require an answer as to why I keep getting chest infections it was merely a statement of fact.Just as syphilis can disguise itself in many ways I thought that these unusual mole like thingies were doing the same thing.

So on that statement lets call it a day and I will make an appointment with my doctor and demand a positive review of the lesion.

The trouble is Sir when one gets to my age doctors do not want to know.